The Oklahoma State University Emeriti Association was formed in 1989 to:
- FACILITATE continuing contributions by members to scholarly and other professional activities.
- ENCOURAGE activities which support both the University and the Stillwater community through volunteer programs and opportunities.
- PROVIDE programs and activities relating to the interests and well-being of the members.
- EDUCATE the public about the specific concerns of the University and other retirees.
- COMMUNICATE on behalf of OSU retirees with the University, the government, and other entities that might affect the welfare of retirees.
- WORK for the improvement of the retirement programs at Oklahoma State University